July 23, 2009
July 18, 2009
July 14, 2009
July 7, 2009
I have always intended to plan a weekly menu for dinners around our house. I even have a folder with recipes I have ripped out of mags or printed off from websites. Darling husband and I didn't really get serious about any of this until we realised that Baby Poutine was on his way... for realsies.
So far our plan goes like this:
We each come up with 3 recipes that we will cook sometime over a 2 week stretch. The rest of the days are filled with leftovers, quick meals for when the other partner is not home and occasionally take-out. It only takes about 1/2 hour every 2 weeks to choose the recipes and has so far saved us time and money at the grocery store.
Some meals we have had over the past month have included:
- Flank Steak over Corn Kernel Polenta with Tomato, Basil and Balsamic salad
- Couscous Stuffed Cornish Hens with Roasted Carrots
- Baked Sausage, Fennel and Potatoes with Fontina Cheese
- Lo-Fat Buffalo Chicken Bites with Sweet Potato Fries and Dipping Veggies
- "Sunny's" Cheese Steaks with Red Peppers and Avocado
- Pork Paprikash