June 29, 2009

Cooking Club 2

Unfortunately, we lost another member of our club. Christine moved to Toronto - hopefully to start a new cooking club there. Julie is our new addition and so far has made some great contributions. This month's theme was "Salt". I love how each theme brings with it, many different interpretations.

The menu included:

Basil was subbed in for the thyme, which gave it a much fresher flavour. These were VERY easy and would make a great party food.

Pink Cadillac Convertible

None for me, but the rest of the group seemed to enjoy it.

Amarjot - Veggie Salad with Chow Mein Noodles and Raita

Julie - Herbed Roasted Beef in a Salt Crust.

We were all quite smitten with the crust, as none of us had ever done this before. Worth trying for a dinner party - cook less than the recipe requires.

Suzanne - Beet Chips with Various Types of Salt

I love beets in any shape or form. Cutting them extremely thin is the key.

Jillian - Crispy Waffles with Salted Caramel Coulis

To die for! Seriously, some of the best waffles I have ever had and the sauce is ridiculously good. I made the waffles a few days later to eat with local strawberries and whipped cream.


Fence Jacksonville said...

How does one become part of the club? Do you have to live in Windsor?

MenuManiac said...

I would have loved the salt theme.

christine leong said...

I miss you girls... I can't really have my own cooking club here since my MIL doesn't really welcome me in the kitchen. What a bummer! My new job has kept me very busy though...